Saturday, April 18, 2009

Someone once told me The Amazon is just a big muddy river, but to me, it was really an incredibly beautiful experience to actually cruise on The Amazon River. It is the largest river in the world by volume, with a total river flow greater than the next eight largest rivers combined. It has the largest drainage basin in the world, which accounts for one fifth of the world's total river flow. During the wet season The Amazon is 120 miles - 130 miles wide!

These next photos I took in the early morning hours and although they cannot even begin to give you the same experience of actually being on the river. They give you a slight glimpse of it. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, I've even said that myself in other blogs, however a picture cannot capture the true spirit, feeling and actual view a person really sees of The Amazon River. I'd have to say, in this case, that probably a thousand word description of The Amazon River would be worth more than a picture.



Posted by Picasa